As Windows 10 becomes a more acceptable operating system, people also get stuck in useability. Windows 10 users know their name appears on the login screen. Most of the users face privacy issues, especially regular users. How to change user name Windows 10 read below.
Unluckily, Windows 10 never allows you to set the user name or aliases except whenever you put real-time in Microsoft accounts. So you need to have an alternative. The method that is used depends on the Windows accounts or local accounts as per login to the computer.
On Windows 10, there are multiple reasons to change an account name. For standard talks, many people feel comfortable to reveal their name on the Sign-in screen. Or, some users consider this feature for privacy concerns.
Changing an account name is privacy needs. As this process is not smooth. But, you may follow the given process as it is mentioned with easy instruction. If you have any questions related to the login process, please comment in the below section. Read below methods to know about How to change the user name Windows 10.
Method 1: Use Control Panel
If you are using a local account, which is not signed in to a Microsoft account, then you’ll need to use Control Panel to change your Account/ID name.
You can easily change your user/account name using the User Account settings. Please follow the given easy steps.
1. Open Control Panel
2. Click on the Change account type option
3. Select the local account to update its name
4. Click on the Change Account name option
5. Update the Account Name that you won’t show on the Sign-in screen
6. Click the Change Name button
After completing the above procedures, please Sign-out and Sign-in again to preview your Changed name.
Method 2: Change user name with netplwiz
If you want to update your account name, you can follow these steps:
1. Open Start of Windows
2. Search for netplwiz and instantly click the top result to open the tool
3. Now, select the account to update its name
4. Click the Properties button
5. [Optional] You can also update the “User Name” field to change the account name as ‘Nickname.’
6. Update the “Full Name” field to show the multiple names in the Sign-in Screen
7. [Quick Tip] If you want to display a Nickname instead of your real name, you may leave empty the “Full Name” section as regarded to Point no. 5
8. Click on Apply button
9. Click on OK button
10. Click on the OK button again. All done!
Sharing is Caring!