Windows Defender is the default protection feature in your Windows 10. The cons of Windows Defender is to average level protection. Perhaps, users try to install any quick, reliable and third-party antivirus program in Windows 10. Read below about How to disable Windows Defender on Windows 10.
The bitter thing about Windows 10 is not to include any disable or uninstall Windows Defender Antivirus “Permanently.” Unless you don’t install any third-party antivirus to protect high-level security.
However, you can disable this perfect security feature using Registry or Group Policy with all temporarily using the Windows Security App.
Today, we are telling you about How to Disable Windows Defender in Windows 10?
You may follow given methods with all confidence.
Method 1: Install any third-party antivirus software on your Windows 10
Windows Defender is a great built-in feature by Microsoft. Although, it detects all average level programs. So, to automatically disable Windows Defender, you may install any third-party antivirus program.
Only the Windows Defender will work on your PC. Using this method, you may automatically deactivate Windows Defender on your Windows 10.
If you need to turn off permanently, please follow the given methods.
Method 2: You can also temporarily disable Windows Defender by Settings
If you are required to Disable Windows Defender, then follow the below steps temporarily:
1. Firstly, double click on the Windows Defender icon
2. In-Home tab > Virus & Threat protection > Virus & Threat protection settings
3. Now, switch the Real-time protection status to OFF.
Method 3: If you need to Disable Windows Defender Antivirus by using Local Group Policy
Note: This method is right suited to Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Eduction, and Windows 10 Enterprise.
1. Press (Windows + R) key combination to Run command prompt
2. Type gpedit.msc into Run command and press OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor
3. In the Local Gropu Policy Editor window, navigate to the following wizard one by one: Computer Configuration ⇒ Administrative Templates ⇒ Windows Components ⇒ Windows Defender
4. Enable to Disable Windows Defender
5. Finally, press the APPLY button
After completion of the above method, if you still preview the Windows Defender icon. Then you restart your Computer, and the icon will disappear.